Sadly, the room was 99% finished and even had the glass and frame installed on the front, when a fire in June 2021 at my workplace where I kept it while working on it totally destroyed all 4 buildings and all the contents, including the room.

Now 7-1/2 months later I am working on re-creating it as exact as I can, but with a couple of slight modifications- the 3 chairs made by Bespaq are no longer available- they closed the business, the floo will be cherry instead of alternating walnut and mohogany, the contrast I like all but vanished when the floor was stained.  The cornice which was plaster was a real pain in the ass, I’m going to make the cornice from wood moldings which will be much better and the joints a lot easier to hide.

Other than that pretty much everything else will be the same.

Some construction happening now on the replacement;

I started the roombox walls, all of the plywood pieces are cut, and the side and rear wall which get doors are now routed out for the doors and they are primed.
The doors and the knobs both came to-day from David’s dollhouse. One of the door frames had come apart, almost like Houseworks forgot to put glue on on side and the bottom,but I glued them back together.
These doors will not be openable. I could attach the left and rear walls to the floor after the primer is dry and sanded, and I could paper them but I forgot the walpaper paste I had was in my workbench at work not here as I thought, so it was lost in the fire and I have to replace the paste now before I can paper.
Once those 2 walls are papered the 2 doors and surrounds can be installed. I have to wait for the fireplace before I can cut and install the angled wall, but I could prime and install the right wall before then.
I glued the 3 walls to the floor, primed the inside for the wallpaper, and I cut up some basswood to 4mm thickness to make the wainscot sections with. Happily I took photos of everything , and even laid one of the 3 section wainscot next to a ruler- that one photo enabled me to accurately scale off it to get the measurements of it’s components.
Gluing up the first wall to the floor, using a framing square clamped in place to ensure the wall was straight. I use glue and thin air nail pins.


I took a foot of 3/4″ thick basswood board, cut it in half on edge on the table saw to get two pieces about 1/4″ thick each, and planned them down to 4mm thickness. They will be cut into strips 8, 11 and 19mm wide. I’ll need to make more for the wainscot panels etc but this is enough to get started. I can start making the wainscot sections any time now.