Horse head model revisions

With remodeling the basement studio and installing new shelving, I kept having to move this large model from 2013 which is still unfired, very fragile clay, and has not been molded yet, so I started looking at it again with an eye to making changes to it.

I decided to finally do something to it, and that was to remove the large projecting cornice section and flatten the top surface. It included beefing up the ears a bit as well, but now with that change, pressed terracotta of it would fit in my kiln at least, so the goal now is to finish patching the top edge now,  and then looking into making molds for pressing later this summer.

Comments are closed.