This model is finished today, I hollowed out the backside and it’s firming up nicely.
I don’t plan to make a mold of this immediately, but can do so at any time.
I have 2 other model ideas in mind to accomplish before summer closes, that lioness roundel detailed further below this post, and a small version of the Commodore Hotel sun-god copper cornice mask.
Also, after some consideration, I decided to eliminate the “-R” extension in my model numbering system. When I began my sculpting career I decided to add that “-R” to each model number I sculpted, so as to put a designated barrier between my own models, and casts made directly from the antique pieces.
It made perfect sense for a while, but over time and with the addition of many of my own models to my line, phasing out some of the old ones, and rarely now making molds of the antique pieces, it no longer makes sense to have almost every model followed by a “-R.”
Over time that -R extension will go away on all of the store pages etc., so don’t let that confuse you, just ignore the -R when inquiring about a cast by number.