• Winged dog mold

    With the rubber portion completed, now is the time to start on the plaster support shell, herewith is the photo of the first section of the shell hand-formed in place. While this hardens up I need to shovel snow off my driveway unfortunately, but about the time I finish that it will be time to form the next section.

     

    Now with the first 2 sections done it’s time to add the rest needed for what will become a 12 piece shell. All the small pieces are required to deal with the multitude of deep undercuts and opposing surface angles. The smaller pieces also make it easier to dismantle and assemble:

    PICT3045-sm

    Now with the mold removed from the original clay model it is set up and ready to cast a test interior cast-stone cast from.

    PICT3049sm

  • Butterfly child and winged dog mold continued

    I was able to spend some time working on this today while making the mold of the seated gargoyle.

    The butterfly photo doesn’t show a lot of difference from the one taken yesterday in the previous post, but that’s because the image sie is reduced and the small details are not easy to see. I spent the time working on cleaning up the border, wings, antennae, ribbons and hair, mostly refining, sharpening, straightening and smoothing as needed.

    Next session I will be working on the flowers and face, either-or,  or both, there’s a lot of petals that all have to be smoothed, refined and sharpened!

     

    PICT3042sm

     

    The winged dog mold is in progress, I had to take him off the stand and stand him up on the floor in order to reach into the areas behind the head and wings with the mold rubber. There’s several more applications of it to go yet.

     

    PICT3041sm